Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's The Little Things

I finally found someone to cut my hair! The first few times I got my hair cut "here," it was in Seattle. Then I went to a stylist at a salon in Beaverton. That was a lot closer, but it still required a dreaded weekday drive through Portland.

Now I've found a salon that's ten minutes away, where a haircut costs only seventeen dollars. That's the good news. The bad news is that the salon is called "Lil' Snippers" and the one "grown-up" chair in the place is situated next to a diminutive bubble-gum pink Jeep. Each of Lil' Snippers li'l customers selects both a vehicle to sit in and a movie to watch at top volume while getting his hair cut. Spa-like it is not.

At Lil' Snippers my hair does not get washed and my scalp does not get massaged (I do love a good scalp massage), but my hair looks downright decent when Kara is done with me. And now that I have reconciled myself to the fact that no haircut in the world has the magic to make me look like I've lost ten pounds, well, some nice layers and something I don't have to blow-dry before going out in the world makes me plenty happy.

3 comments:

eric O said...

do the grown ups get to watch movies too?

Gypmar said...

Nope, no dedicated screen for the adult chair. You have to look on with the kid in the jeep, or use the mirror to watch the movie behind you. I caught a bit of Ice Age that way.

Kelly Bryson said...

I love this post. Thanks for stopping by my blog and nice to meet you!