Monday, June 4, 2007

A New Project

In creating this blog I have discovered that, while I enjoy writing, I have very little to write about. The solution to this problem is, of course, to start another blog.

Inspired by the book A Girl Named Zippy, a memoir composed of anecdotes of varying lengths from the author's early years, I will be mining the past for material. This seems like a good approach for someone like myself who is creatively challenged but is too lazy to actually learn something and have a "field" to write in. Knowing that I am more likely to write if someone might possibly read it, I will be posting what I come up with on It Happened to Me at gypsystales.blogspot.com.

The entries will vary in length and complexity. Some, like the inaugural tale, will read like "if I had a blog in elementary school but with an adult's vocabulary." Others will hopefully have some character development and be chapter-length. They will all function as stand-alone stories, though they may occasionally refer back to one another.

That's the plan, anyway. I am hoping that putting my intentions here in writing will make it be so. I expect to post about every two weeks. As these will be rough drafts, comments and critique regarding the writing will be welcome. They say two heads are better than one, after all, and I know for a fact that there are at least five people who read this blog.

No comments: