Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bests

Best Name of a Literary Journal: Bust Down the Door and Eat All the Chickens

Best Title of a Book Nels Checked Out at the School Library (with bonus awesome author name): Bladderworts: Trapdoors to Oblivion by Victor Gentle

Best Out-of-the-Ordinary Things I Am Going to Do In the Near Future: take a family trip to Southern California, go to this writing conference

Best Way to Start My Day: walking by Willem's room and hearing him reading Where the Wild Things Are aloud to himself in bed. I presume he was getting himself in the right frame of mind to face the day.


Your bests welcomed in the comments.

6 comments:

kylee said...

best thing in mouth today- roommate's practice boston cream pie. but i moved around the cream.

worst part of my weekly hour long online seminar class- mouth gaping while watching a thirty-something female classmate pick nose then eat. this really happened

best upcoming activity tonight - watching parenthood. Gypsy, you would like it! start from the beginning though

best blog read of the day - yours

alison owen said...

best part of my day: putting Mac on a train (with my sister, don't worry) to visit my parents in boston.

best ways to spend the rest of my week:
ALONE in my new, beautiful studio,
looking at Sergei Jensen's paintings at ps1,
and going out for birthday breakfast (36 this friday, yikes)

Gypmar said...

Kylee, thanks! Mmmm to Boston cream pie and a really big ewwww to the booger-eater.

Alison, your bests sound divine. Will we see pictures of your studio (or did I miss them)? HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY!

Allie said...

Best memory of you, Gypsy, would be your laugh. Best sounds of satisfaction, the dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer running simultaneously. Best regards to you,
Allie

Christi Krug said...

Very cool! My best: I've been to dozens of writer's conferences - Whidbey Island tops the list. http://www.writeonwhidbey.org/Conference/

Yet admiring the topics for the Western Seminary event (having enjoyed it in the past). Maybe I can get a recording of "Why (Evangelical) Christians Do Bad Art" - !

Gypmar said...

Allie, I love those industrious sounds!

Christi, I look forward to going to the Whidbey conference some day :)