Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Neighborhood Garfield

Our next door neighbor has an overweight, sullen-looking orange cat that lumbers around the neighborhood.  I frequently see it napping under our shrubs or standing outside our windows, taunting our indoor cat by staring fixedly at her with a completely blank expression.  It is a cat with no apparent redeeming qualities.

Speaking of which, this seems a good time to point you to this site:  Garfield Minus Garfield.  It will forever be a mystery to me why I didn't skip over Garfield when I read the comics every day growing up.  Its success despite its unfunny-ness completely baffled me.  Fortunately, some kind soul has seen fit to help me with my Garfield issues by taking him out of the strip.  It's still not funny, but it's much improved.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Whao, trippy...Ol' Jimmy was having a good laugh at us all those years, eh?