Friday, March 9, 2012

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

Last week I was headed to the grocery store when the song "Blues in the Night" came on the radio. That song happened to be my solo number in the last play I was ever in. The version on the radio was even in the same key. Fortunately I was alone in the car, because there was no way I wasn't going to sing along. Loudly.

When I got home a few hours later (I made several stops), I noticed my throat was sore. And then I caught myself humming the song. And then I realized that I'd been humming that song under my breath since I heard it. My apologies, patrons of Winco, Fred Meyer, and Costco. Apparently I really miss performing to the point where it's a little bit sad and a little bit crazy.

In other news, Shaun has switched from coffee to tea. He is a tea-drinker. It's a good thing--I love tea myself--but I have been surprised to discover that deep down I must have held an unexamined notion that tea is a feminine beverage. I'm still trying to get used to it.

This was March 1:


But this week has been sunny and warm (my view from the bus stop):

While it's lovely to look at, we haven't been able to properly enjoy the nice weather because our family has been passing around another cold. Nels missed three days of school this week. The secretary told me that 66 kids were out sick on Monday. We with colds are the lucky ones, though. The school has sent out a plea for clothes for the health center; pants, shirts, and underwear. I'll take the illness that doesn't require a change of clothes, thanks.

No comments: