Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This One's For The Teachers

Please enjoy this well-crafted rant. It's full of good nuggets. I've never been a teacher, but I could still identify with point #5, having recently become reconciled to the fact that I've spent 34 years being "the opposite of cool" myself.

Be so kind as to avert your eyes as the author shoots himself in the foot at the end of the first paragraph: "I'm not smiling because I think you're smart; I'm smiling because you just used that word wrong." He's a music teacher, after all, not an English teacher.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

My favorite part was when he encouraged the indie kid to move to Silverlake and rent a room from a cross dressing coffee shop owner. I can't count the number of times I've encouraged my students to do those very things. Very effective.